General Surgery Community
Unbearable "under skin" itching
About This Community:

This is a support forum for questions and discussions relating to: Abdomen, Breast, Chest, Complications, Extremities, Head and Neck, Hematology, Incisions, Infections, Laparoscopy, Lungs and Respiratory Tract, OBGYN, Oncology, Post Operative Management, Pre Operative Issues, Radiology Renal, Skin and Wounds, Sutures, Staples and Stitches Urology, and Vessels.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Unbearable "under skin" itching

Since my last c-section over 4 years ago i have suffered with the most unbearable itching under my skin around the scar and further up my abdomen. Its everyday but not all through the day. No matter what creams i use or how much i scratch nothing eases the itch (apart from maybe heat sometimes) for the first year i thought it had something to do with the recovery but after so long now i think it might be something more serious? Sometimes the itch is so bad i feel like could easily Gouge myself with a sharp object for relief... There is no rash or anything visable on the skin surface at all and it feels like its in the tissue under the skin. Any advice would be appreciated :(
5 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
2152170_tn?1336525638
i know sometimes your nerves as in emotional nerves can cause extreme itching if you have used a allery med and/or a steriode such as prednisone, to no avail them maybe consider does this happen at times when your exp. extreme stress if yes then see a therapist, it helped some of my paitents
Blank
Hello, I had that but not to your extent...it's the muscle isching and  repairing like if a scab was itchy and the only way to get rid of muscle itch is to smack the area but odviously you can't so easily where your's is, i have a big belly so was easier for me...that's what i was told once by a nurse but you should still visit your GP to make sure there's no infection...they would need to see it...does it smell? Regards, Kat x
Blank
Also it can take up to 9months to a year to fully repair from the inside out..your body could be just repairing itself!
Blank
Thanks for the comments, i have no visable damage, and i went to gynae to check for an infection so thats not the problem.... I also thought it might be my body repairing itself but being so long ago since the op i thought maybe something else....  I do suffer from extreme stress so i Will also look into The therapist suggestion As well! Thanks so much ladies xx
Blank
Ps. I also smack myself lol! Drives my husband crazy cause i leave marks on my skin
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
General Surgery Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Control Emotional Eating with this ...