chances of having second gastroschisis ???
hi i  am a 33 year old mum of two, my second child was born with gastroschisis in 1996, although that was a very stressful and worrying time and after his birth was very touch and go for a few months no-one would ever know now that he was so poorly when he was born.

i have recently found out that i am pregnant, 13 weeks, and to say i am anxious and worried would be an understatement !

i have researched and have only been able to come up with lots of different opinions,
i need to know so i can ready myself what are the risks of having another baby with gastroschisis ???

some are saying that it is 1 in 17 families have a recurrence of the disorder ... is this true

i have also read that after recent research that the risk is much higher than first thought some families have had 3 babies with gastroschisis !

please help i dont want to just be reasurred ... i need to know so i can prepare myself and my family for anything that could happen

thank you
angelina x