General Surgery Community
help diagnose my son PLEASE

This is a support forum for questions and discussions relating to: Abdomen, Breast, Chest, Complications, Extremities, Head and Neck, Hematology, Incisions, Infections, Laparoscopy, Lungs and Respiratory Tract, OBGYN, Oncology, Post Operative Management, Pre Operative Issues, Radiology Renal, Skin and Wounds, Sutures, Staples and Stitches Urology, and Vessels.

help diagnose my son PLEASE

My six year old son has a gigantic big toe on one foot. The foot is also oversized as is the leg upto his thigh! This big toe on the other foot has JUST started to expand as well, like the other side started. He has a referral, but they are unaware as yet that the other toe has started as well. The larger side is larger than any adult I personally know its that big. We even have to buy 2 different sized shoes for him it has that big an effect.

What I'd like to know is what it may be, I'm unable to find anything on the web, and what future repercussions it may have. At the moment he suffers no pain, but it really is humungous so he is very aware that he has it.
Tags: legs, toes, Foot