is this safe?!
I was injured at work. I seen the "work" doctor for sometime. I now see a new doctor and she wants to do surgery on my without doing her own tests. She is going off the work doctors tests which I know are wrong. My injury is a wrist, should this new doctor do their own tests like an mri before taking me in for surgery?
If you have results of the test from the "work" doctor, you could ask your new doctor for an opinion.
Depends if the doctor is fully qualified if they're not qualified than they shouldn't be doing these tests n doing surgery on you.
Is the new doctor a surgeon?  If she is that may be why she is using the work doctor's tests. This is done all the time, especially if the test show's what the problem is and the surgeon can repair it. Be honest with the new doctor.  Ask her why she is using the work doctor's tests and tell her you feel the work doctor is wrong, and you would like additional tests.  If she is a good doctor, she will understand and will calm your fears and explain why she feels the surgery needs to be done.    She may also send you for more tests, but you need to talk to her and be honest about how you feel.
Remember, you do not have to have surgery if you do not want to. It is your body.  Doctor's usually do surgery based on test results of what they can see and the diagnosis, the patients complaints and their pain level, and to repair a problem and to make it better.   What happened to your work doctor?  Did he refer you to this doctor?  Good luck, and be sure to talk to your new doctor.