General Surgery Community
pilnoidal cyst surgery
About This Community:

This is a support forum for questions and discussions relating to: Abdomen, Breast, Chest, Complications, Extremities, Head and Neck, Hematology, Incisions, Infections, Laparoscopy, Lungs and Respiratory Tract, OBGYN, Oncology, Post Operative Management, Pre Operative Issues, Radiology Renal, Skin and Wounds, Sutures, Staples and Stitches Urology, and Vessels.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

pilnoidal cyst surgery

im am supposed to go in for surgery remove this pilnoidal cyst.... its already painful now....and im scared

what are the chances it will return after the surgery?...i keep reading these horror stories about it returning after.

do they put you under general anesthesia? recovery time for a open wound?
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
My husband had pilonidal cyst removed 15 years ago and he has not had any problems since the surgery.  He did get general anesthesia.  The recovery time was about two weeks.  He was sent home with an open wound - so it can drain.  He had to be on his stomach a few days and had to have the area cleaned daily by changing the 'packing' gauze (that was the worse).   He has not had pilonidal cysts since the surgery.  Good luck to you!  Elim
Blank
784382_tn?1376934640
4 days till my surgery !!...ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Blank
I had one removed 9 years ago.  The problem was definately worse than the solution I promise you that.  During an inflammation it would hurt so bad @ my lower back, top of my butt crack, and it would burst at the most inconvenient times!!!! The surgery did lay me out for about 4-6 weeks while I was healing.  For the first week or two I had a home nurse to help re pack the gauze in the baseball sized hole in my back.  She said they removed the cyst and surrounding tissues to ensure it wouldn't recurr (she was right).  Change the gauze often and use only paper medical tape to secure the bandage as you will be using it a while and this tape is the least irratable of them all. Also before surgery get plenty of books, movies, things that you can do lying on your belly.  I promise you wont want to lay on it or sit on it for at least a couple of weeks.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
General Surgery Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...