General Surgery Community
results

This is a support forum for questions and discussions relating to: Abdomen, Breast, Chest, Complications, Extremities, Head and Neck, Hematology, Incisions, Infections, Laparoscopy, Lungs and Respiratory Tract, OBGYN, Oncology, Post Operative Management, Pre Operative Issues, Radiology Renal, Skin and Wounds, Sutures, Staples and Stitches Urology, and Vessels.

results

I had a hida scan done yesterday and the results say low gallbladder ejection of 28% compatible with biliary dyskinesia can you tell me what this means
I'm no doctor but  I had a similar experience and in June 2010  my results were similar to yours, an ejection fraction of 27%. What that means is that your gallbladder contraction capacity is low and therefore there might not be enough bile being squeezed into your intestines to help with digestion and the breakdown of fats. The normal contraction of the gallbladder is between 35% to 75%.Because I also had a stone, I had gallbladder surgery last Thursday. I was hesitant to do it because I never had surgery in my life and reading a lot of negative stuff which I don't recommend. I went for it due to fear of having a gallbladder attack and to avoid complications. My recovery now,is so far so good and better than I expected. Pleasantly surprised,had been off percocet on the 3rd day post op. Consult with your physician and see what they recommend.  Best of luck and  good wishes to you..
After meals the gall bladder should eject/ expell bile for normal digestion (gall bladder stores and concentrates the bile which is important for digestion), Ejection fraction 28% means it is not expelling the bile in required amount (may be due to its motility problem) so it will get distended after meals and cause pain, indigestion and sometimes bloating of abdomen. In severe symptoms it is removed
Best wishes