10th chromosone
my son was born september 14th 2007 almost 2 i took him to childrens in
cincinnati,ohio they took blood and she called back and said the the blood
test came back abnormal and said something about the 10th chromosone
and said that me and his father need to come and give blood. i'm trying
to find out what is the 10th chromosone and is it hurting him. please get
back to me
jenn
Chromosome 10 likely contains between 800 and 1200 genes. Without knowing the results of your son's test or even what type of genetic testing he had, we are unable to answer your question. We recommend that you meet with genetics at Children's and ask them to explain the testing they performed on your son, the reasons they ordered the testing, your son's tests results, as well as the testing they are recommending for you and his father. We wish you and your son the best.
Hi Jennifer.
I have two boys with a unbalanced translocation between chr. 9 and 10.  Let me know if you have any questions.  I would be happy to share my experiences.  It may not be the same at all, but I found it good to talk to other people who are dealing with similar things.  
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.