Genetic Disorders Expert Forum
Stillbirth now I'm confused?
About This Forum:

Questions in the Genetics Forum are being answered by medical professionals and experts. This forum is for questions and support regarding a person’s predisposition to a variety of medical conditions such as Ashkenazi Jewish Diseases, Bleeding Disorders, Blood Clotting Disorders, Cancer Genetics and Hereditary Cancer Syndromes, Chromosome Abnormalities, Congenital Birth Defects, Cystic Fibrosis, Family History, Fragile X Syndrome, Infertility, Newborn Screening, Rare Genetic Disorders, Prenatal Screening and Testing.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Stillbirth now I'm confused?

Hello,

My wife and I both 26 years old were pregnant with our third child. The first one ended in abortion and the second miscarriage. We didn't get an amniocentesis and on our second ultrasound around 4 and a half months they discovered the babys hearts was pushed over to the left and the stomach was high up in the chest. They told us it might be a diaphragmatic hernia and there were no other problems. Bladder, kidneys, brain..... all looked fine. So they sent us to get another ultrasound at a different clinic to confirm the diagnosis. The baby had already died when the other radiologist was scanning my wife. So they induced labor and she delivered at about five months. The baby looked completely normal on the oustide, but the mid-wife told us that there had to have been other anamolies since the baby died so late. They are now testing my wife for diabetes, lupus, thyroid conditions, and a torch panel to check for any infection. I would like an opinnion on what we should do. The doctor told us there should be no reason we can't have a healthy child, but neither me nor my wife wants to go through that again. I would also like to say there is no history of anything like this in my wifes family or mine. I have low testosterone and have been seen by a endocrinologist who says nothing is wrong with me. My wifes doctor said it is not related. I have no syndromes or problems that I know of, but I am overweight. I think that is why. I just don't understand how they told us nothing else was wrong then the baby died and all the sudden they say oh something else must have been wrong.