Genetic Disorders Expert Forum
Twin pregnancy
About This Forum:

Questions in the Genetics Forum are being answered by medical professionals and experts. This forum is for questions and support regarding a person’s predisposition to a variety of medical conditions such as Ashkenazi Jewish Diseases, Bleeding Disorders, Blood Clotting Disorders, Cancer Genetics and Hereditary Cancer Syndromes, Chromosome Abnormalities, Congenital Birth Defects, Cystic Fibrosis, Family History, Fragile X Syndrome, Infertility, Newborn Screening, Rare Genetic Disorders, Prenatal Screening and Testing.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Twin pregnancy

I have carried twins twice now and miscarried them both.  First pregnancy I had one embryo and the other sac had nothing in it.  The embryo had a heart beat and passed on 10 days later.  I have had a single successful pregnancy and then just recently had another twin pregnancy, only this time they could proove the babies were identical as the sacs were still partially joined in one corner.  There were no embryo's in the sacs, hence I again had a miscarriage.  Why do I keep producing these twins, is it a genetic thing?  My gyno told me I have a high chance of twins again and questioned whether my 2nd successful pregnancy was that of a twin also, as I suffered alot of bleeding.  Who really knows now though.  Guess I am just wondering why my body continues to do these twins if you could help.

Much appreciated.

Sheree