chromosome translocation
Hello, after 5 miscarriages, we got to know that my husband has a reciprocal translocation between chromosome 11 and 22. i underwent one pgd session that resulted in a neutral reading (no results were given on 8 embryos). now we have given up doing the pgd for a while.
my question is, what are my chances of having a natural pregnancy without pgd, knowing that my husband is a crrier of this translocated chromosome?
thank you so much for your advice.
We are sorry for your losses and lack of useful information from PGD. In about 5% of couples with recurrent pregnancy losses, one member has a chromosome translocation.

The risk to have an adverse pregnancy outcome or a child with a chromosome abnormality is based on the exact chromosome translocation (for example - the exact break points) and which member of the couple (mom or dad) has the translocation. We recommend that you meet with a genetic counselor, who provide a more accurate risk assessment based on your husband's exact chromosome translocation between chromosomes 11 and 22 and family history. We wish you and your husband the best.
A related discussion, balanced translocation 7 & 18 was started.
A related discussion, TRANSLOCATION 9 AND 13 was started.
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.