Genetic Disorders Expert Forum
chromosome translocation
About This Forum:

Questions in the Genetics Forum are being answered by medical professionals and experts. This forum is for questions and support regarding a person’s predisposition to a variety of medical conditions such as Ashkenazi Jewish Diseases, Bleeding Disorders, Blood Clotting Disorders, Cancer Genetics and Hereditary Cancer Syndromes, Chromosome Abnormalities, Congenital Birth Defects, Cystic Fibrosis, Family History, Fragile X Syndrome, Infertility, Newborn Screening, Rare Genetic Disorders, Prenatal Screening and Testing.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

chromosome translocation

Hello, after 5 miscarriages, we got to know that my husband has a reciprocal translocation between chromosome 11 and 22. i underwent one pgd session that resulted in a neutral reading (no results were given on 8 embryos). now we have given up doing the pgd for a while.
my question is, what are my chances of having a natural pregnancy without pgd, knowing that my husband is a crrier of this translocated chromosome?
thank you so much for your advice.
Related Discussions
886824_tn?1253740254
We are sorry for your losses and lack of useful information from PGD. In about 5% of couples with recurrent pregnancy losses, one member has a chromosome translocation.

The risk to have an adverse pregnancy outcome or a child with a chromosome abnormality is based on the exact chromosome translocation (for example - the exact break points) and which member of the couple (mom or dad) has the translocation. We recommend that you meet with a genetic counselor, who provide a more accurate risk assessment based on your husband's exact chromosome translocation between chromosomes 11 and 22 and family history. We wish you and your husband the best.
1 Comment
Blank
1306537_tn?1273253382
A related discussion, balanced translocation 7 & 18 was started.
Blank
A related discussion, TRANSLOCATION 9 AND 13 was started.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank