genes from daughter to children
Hello there,

I wanted to know whats the possibility that the children of this Girl would be blind or deaf or dumb if her father was Blind & mother deaf & dumb. Is it true that the daughter carries genes from father & might pass it onto children? Please let me know..

Many Thanks,
Razikh
There are many different genetic and non-genetic causes of deafness, mental disabilities and blindness. The recurrence risk for any of these conditions to occur again within a family depends on a number of factors, including if the cause(s) is known. We recommend that this family undergo evaluation with a medical geneticist, a doctor who specializes in genetic disorders.  A medical geneticist can be found at the American College of Medical Genetics website.
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.