Genetic Disorders Expert Forum
leir weill syndrome
About This Forum:

Questions in the Genetics Forum are being answered by medical professionals and experts. This forum is for questions and support regarding a person’s predisposition to a variety of medical conditions such as Ashkenazi Jewish Diseases, Bleeding Disorders, Blood Clotting Disorders, Cancer Genetics and Hereditary Cancer Syndromes, Chromosome Abnormalities, Congenital Birth Defects, Cystic Fibrosis, Family History, Fragile X Syndrome, Infertility, Newborn Screening, Rare Genetic Disorders, Prenatal Screening and Testing.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

leir weill syndrome

I was wonder if I should be tested for leir weill syndrome, or anything else reccomended.  I have madelungs deformity in both wrist including into the elbows. I am short statue. My fathers side are all 5ft and under. I stand about 4'11 myself. Also, are there any health related issues with leir weill syndrome or anything like it?  Thanks,  Lori
Related Discussions
  • Leir Weill (1 replies):
    I got my blood work back. I was just diagnosed with havi...[more]
886824_tn?1253740254
We recommend that you meet with a medical geneticist for evaluation. A medical geneticist is a doctor who specializes in genetic conditions and can review your personal and family history in addition to examining you for physical signs and symptoms that may be suggestive of a genetic condition. You can find a medical geneticist at the American College of Medical Genetics website.
2 Comments
Blank
1033165_tn?1309439016
I found a genetic doctor near me at Magee Womans Hospital in Pittsburgh. I see them mid Oct. I am hoping they will be able to help me answer many questions for me. They already had me fax my x-ray reports to them in regards to my madelungs deformity along with many questions over the phone before making the appt. They must really want to be sure you need to be seen there. Thanks for you help.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...
Jul 20 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank