Genetic Disorders Expert Forum
same blood group

Questions in the Genetics Forum are being answered by medical professionals and experts. This forum is for questions and support regarding a person’s predisposition to a variety of medical conditions such as Ashkenazi Jewish Diseases, Bleeding Disorders, Blood Clotting Disorders, Cancer Genetics and Hereditary Cancer Syndromes, Chromosome Abnormalities, Congenital Birth Defects, Cystic Fibrosis, Family History, Fragile X Syndrome, Infertility, Newborn Screening, Rare Genetic Disorders, Prenatal Screening and Testing.

same blood group

what are the problems that me my wife will face if we both have same blood group [B+ve] ?
I hope that the following background information helps to answer your question.  Blood type is an example of a trait determined by a single gene. Each of us has two copies of the gene for blood type.  We inherit one copy of the gene from our mother, and the other copy from our father.  There are three different forms (called alleles) of the gene for blood type called A, B, and O.  Blood type is determined by the combination of alleles inherited from our parents.  

A person’s blood type is called their phenotype, and the different genetic combination of the forms of the gene is called a genotype.   An example of a genotype would be OB.  In this example, the person has two forms of the gene, O and B.  This person’s blood type or phenotype would be type B blood.  Another genotype for people with type B blood is BB.  
Thanks for info. But i still dont know the answer to my questio.
Will same blood group cause any problems with child birth, esp. When my wife is my second cousin ?  
I alreay know the issues with marrying relatives.             But How much of this blood group part will make it worse or wont ?
Thank you for clarifying your question.  I am not aware of any specific problems that your future children will face because you both have type B positive blood.  

Second cousins are fifth degree relatives and are predicted to share 3.1% (1/32) of their genes.  In contrast, first cousins are predicted to share 12.5 % (1/8) of their genes.   The closer the biological relationship is between parents, the greater proportion of genes shared, and the greater the chance to have a child with birth defects.  

The background risk that every couple faces of having children with birth defects is about 2-3%.  Genetic counseling will help define this for you personally based on your family history and ethnic background.

There are no special tests for cousin couples. The same tests a genetic counselor would discuss with any couple thinking about having children based on family history and ethnicity is what you should expect.

You can find a genetic counselor in your area through the National Society of Genetic Counselors.
A related discussion, same blood group was started.