Genetics Community
A1298c Mutation Homozygous
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to a person’s predisposition to a variety of medical conditions such as Alzheimer’s, blood-clotting disorders, breast cancer, cystic fibrosis, diabetes, Marfan syndrome, and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

A1298c Mutation Homozygous

I am 25 and have had 2 healthy pregnancies with no problems.and NOOOOO miscarriages.. I am now 9 weeks pregnant with my 3rd and my doctor for some reason tested me for the MTHFR mutation. And I was positive for a double copy of the A1298c mutation. He wants me to take extra folic acid, a baby asprin, and a neevo prenatal vitamin. But he also wants me to do Heparin shots 3 times a day for the entire pregnancy. I am fine with doing them if the are absolutely necessary.  I know that I am lucky to have no problems with my other two pregnancies and I could have an issue anytime since I have this mutation but Im worried of the unknown risks of taking this drug. I can not find enough info on the subject to make a safe decision. I am looking for opinions on what to do or whom to see for a 2nd opinion. I feel that the baby aspirin and prenatal should be enough, but I am not a medical expert.
Tags: MTHFR, mthfr mutation and pregnancy, genetic mutation, homozyous A1298c, mutation, A1298C