A1298c Mutation Homozygous
I am 25 and have had 2 healthy pregnancies with no problems.and NOOOOO miscarriages.. I am now 9 weeks pregnant with my 3rd and my doctor for some reason tested me for the MTHFR mutation. And I was positive for a double copy of the A1298c mutation. He wants me to take extra folic acid, a baby asprin, and a neevo prenatal vitamin. But he also wants me to do Heparin shots 3 times a day for the entire pregnancy. I am fine with doing them if the are absolutely necessary.  I know that I am lucky to have no problems with my other two pregnancies and I could have an issue anytime since I have this mutation but Im worried of the unknown risks of taking this drug. I can not find enough info on the subject to make a safe decision. I am looking for opinions on what to do or whom to see for a 2nd opinion. I feel that the baby aspirin and prenatal should be enough, but I am not a medical expert.
Are you concerned about just the Heparin or the folic acid as well? The folic acid is VERY important for baby development. It is also water-soluble so any excess that your body doesn't need will be easily passed through your urine- not a big worry for overdosing on it. So you should feel easy on that one. I read that Heparin is an anticoagulant? Does the mutation cause severe blood clotting, high blood pressure, or other issues? If you feel uncomfortable with the recommended drug, perhaps you could ask for another with less side effects?