Genetics Community
Am I still growing??
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to a person’s predisposition to a variety of medical conditions such as Alzheimer’s, blood-clotting disorders, breast cancer, cystic fibrosis, diabetes, Marfan syndrome, and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Am I still growing??

I am 21 years old, My father is 5'9'' and mother is 5'1''. I am still 5'4''. I believe my puberty started around 18. I have not seen any height change in a year. I am constantly being told that I look more like a 15-17 year old. How long will my puberty last?? and is there any chance that I will grow anymore. My body almost stopped growing when i turn 12 until I was 17, then it started growing little by little. My grandfather is 5'5'' and my uncle is about 5'8'' (I don't know if its relevant or not.)
Hi,
How are you? Puberty is when a child's sexual and physical characteristics mature and occurs due to hormone changes. On the other hand, adolescence is considered to be the period between ages 13 to 19. The exact age that a child enters and ends puberty depends on a number of factors such as genetics, nutrition, and gender. And as long as your hormones are still actively changing, there is still a chance that you are still changing physically.  Take care and regards.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Genetics Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...