Genetics Community
Anyone who has "Down syndrome" Questions

This patient support community is for discussions relating to a person’s predisposition to a variety of medical conditions such as Alzheimer’s, blood-clotting disorders, breast cancer, cystic fibrosis, diabetes, Marfan syndrome, and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome.

Hello Everyonel,
For anyone who has ANY questions relating to Down syndrome or Genetic/Prenatal testing, I would like to offer my help, services or advice should anyone have questions.  I am the Forum Community Leader for the Down syndrome Community and also the Moderator for the Down syndrome Group.  When I was 16 weeks pregnant with my first baby, I opted to under go prenatal testing because I had just turned 35 years old.  At 18 weeks I learned that my baby had Down syndrome.  At the time, I did not have very much information on the topic, but my many years of policing gave me the direction to research, research, research.  I would love to help and share any information I can with you if you have questions about the testing phase or even the receiving of a diagnosis.  I am a parent guide for the Genetics Department for families receiving diagnosis of Down syndrome.  I also volenteer and coordinate a special needs parent group with the YMCA with an Early Intervention Specialist.  I have lots of avenues to find information should I not know the answers my self.  Also, on the forums that I CL, there are many many wonderful people who have gone through testing as you may be doing.  Often times we get a lot of complicated and sometimes stressful information about testing such as "Soft Markers" and "Odds or Risks" for Chromosomal Abnormalities - but knowing that there are others out there who have gone through these same procedures, is helpful and are often happy to help.
If there is anything that you would like to ask, please do not hesitate to message me directly or visit the Down syndrome Forum:  http://www.medhelp.org/forums/Down-Syndrome/show/166?camp=msc or the Down syndrome Group:  http://www.medhelp.org/forums/Down-syndrome/show/749?camp=msc (there I have posted a few help references for anyone interested in Down syndrome information.)

Good luck, and if you have any other questions that I can help you with, please feel free to message me directly.

Sincerely,
Sandi (Dragon1973)
MedHelp Down syndrome Community Leader
& Ds Group Forum Founder/Moderator