Genetics Community
Chances of multiples???
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to a person’s predisposition to a variety of medical conditions such as Alzheimer’s, blood-clotting disorders, breast cancer, cystic fibrosis, diabetes, Marfan syndrome, and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Chances of multiples???

My mother is a twin. i am a triplet. I am pregnant and want to know about how likely is it that i will produce multiples??
Related Discussions
5 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
i was a twin. im pregnant and its only one. somone said its very possible and even more possible with more pregnancys. or at least you chances increase.
Blank
290107_tn?1243779245
are you a fraternal twin or identical? there are many studies that show that fraternal twinning is linked to genetic causes, while identical twinning is less likely to be genetic.
Blank
I am not a twin and niether is my mother, but we both conceived twins. There is no genetic link to identical twins, but fraternal twins are hereditary. For example, My mom and I both ovulate either twice or two eggs at a time. Now I just hope it's not everytime, but only time will tell.
Blank
282544_tn?1218932337
i am not sure two of are identical and one is fraternal...my mother release two eggs but got 3...my mother however is a fraternal twin
Blank
"Thank you for your question.  Having monozygotic twins is not typically something that runs in families.  However, having dizygotic twins does run in families and happens more frequently after the second pregnancy.   If the twins in your families are dizygotic, then your chance of having twins is higher than someone without that family history. "

this is from DNA Direct-LK,MS,CGC
i asked the same question else where in the forums.

Hope this helped you out a bit more!

Mrs. S
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Genetics Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949