Genetics Community
Chimera or Chimerism

This patient support community is for discussions relating to a person’s predisposition to a variety of medical conditions such as Alzheimer’s, blood-clotting disorders, breast cancer, cystic fibrosis, diabetes, Marfan syndrome, and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome.

Chimera or Chimerism

I am looking for a clinic or doctor who is familiar with chimerism.  If any of you know of such a clinic/doctor, please let me know.
Tags: Chimera, chimerism, DNA, Blood
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Being a rare condition, a specialist dealing with such condition is uncommon. However, we could take initial steps in proper evaluation.  If we are dealing with mixed blood types, it is best that you start with a hematologist for proper evaluation. A referral to a sub specialist doctor is then easier with the network of doctors available from this attending physician. Take care and regards.
I am a chimera and don't have a mixed blood type. It was discovered in my DNA I have also had to have bones removed from my body that were extra its thought that they were not mine at all. It is also thought to be why I have so many medical probs but most doctors don't know much or anything about it many see you are a project after they find that out.I have thought about not even letting some know I am one at all.
Thank you for the info. Was the DNA test done to check for this or did they just discover this while looking for something else? In the last couple of weeks, my husband and I ordered kits for DNA testing for medical and ancestry purposes. Hopefully, if I am a chimera, this company will make me aware of that when I get my DNA results from them.