Genetics Community
Delayed puberty
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to a person’s predisposition to a variety of medical conditions such as Alzheimer’s, blood-clotting disorders, breast cancer, cystic fibrosis, diabetes, Marfan syndrome, and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Delayed puberty

Hello, im 27 years old female. I have never got my period. I have no signs of breast development. I just wanted to ask, is there any chance to get normal if i would start seeing doctors and getting treatment? I been hiding under too large clothes all of my life, i have no friends and no normal life...
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Hi,
How are you? What other symptoms are present? Amenorrhea  or absence of menstruation may be due to a lot of factors. In particular, primary amenorrhea is when a girl has not yet started her monthly periods and is older than 15 years old. This could be due to hormone problems as well as anatomical issues such as blockages or narrowing of the cervix  and sometimes, the cause is not known. To determine the underlying cause, further evaluation may need to be done by your doctor. Blood tests and imaging studies may also be done.Take care and do keep us posted.
Blank
Thank you for reply.
The other symptoms are: i have a public hair, my height is 174cm and weight is normal, but i never had my period and my breasts never developed, i look like 12 year old girl...
I think its something has to do with hormones, and the problem is that i may not respond to any hormonal treatment, because the peak puberty was years ago..
Thank you for your answers
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Genetics Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank