Genetics Community
Echogenic Foci and worried mom to be
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to a person’s predisposition to a variety of medical conditions such as Alzheimer’s, blood-clotting disorders, breast cancer, cystic fibrosis, diabetes, Marfan syndrome, and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Echogenic Foci and worried mom to be

Hello, everyone hope all is going well. I am a newcomer to this site. I am 26 years old and 2 years ago I delivered twins a boy and girl at 24 weeks. They survived for only a week and died due to an infection. I am now 18 weeks pregnant with a single child and of course, if you have ever lost a baby it really causes you to worry the second time around. They are taking all the necessary precautions with this pregnancy because I have a weak cervix. So everyday of carrying my child in my womb is such a blessing. At 16 weeks I got the triple quad screen down and all was negative/normal. Yet, today I was informed that the baby had a little spot on its heart that could be a marker for downs. He said it is very common in fetuses. My doc said not to worry being that my results came back fine but with all that I have been through with my previous pregnancy everything worrys me. Can any moms tell me your thoughts on the situation? I am in tears just typing this to you guys. I just been throught so much already. I know that the Lord won't give me more than I can handle. Please advise when ya'll can. Thanks again and May God Bless You All.