Genetics Community
Fragile x test results
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to a person’s predisposition to a variety of medical conditions such as Alzheimer’s, blood-clotting disorders, breast cancer, cystic fibrosis, diabetes, Marfan syndrome, and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Fragile x test results

HI.
I am 22 weeks pregnant with a baby girl. I had Amnio test, everything was Normal, except that Fragile x repeat was 55.

Five years ago I had the test during my pregnancy with my son, my repearts was 55, my son got the perfect x.
My repeats never changed since then, still 55.

I am so worried if the baby girl will have any problems. I know I have 55 repeats like her, I don't have any problems, I am just sooooo worried.
Any idea please?
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
419309_tn?1326506891
It is highly unlikely that your baby girl will have any problems due to fragile x.  As you pointed out, you have 55 repeats and you have no problems :).  She'll probably be a lot like you!

The fragile x gene has been recorded to expand in offspring when it is greater than 59 repeats in the parent -- there are NO cases of mothers who have 55 repeats causing their children to have fragile x syndrome.  As a rule, fragile x of greater than 200 repeats is what causes fragile x syndrome (and even then, it usually affects boys more so than girls).  I truly believe you do NOT have to worry about fragile x affecting your baby girl.  

Enjoy your pregnancy, and best wishes to you!
Congratulations on your coming family :).
~eureka
Blank
161427_tn?1229914882
Thank you sooo much, that was a big help
Blank
I would ask the parents on RETTNET their advice these people know everything about fragile x syndrome. It's a world wide group that share what they know. Let me know what happens:) Good luck!
Christne
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Genetics Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank