Genetics Community
Fragile x test results
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to a person’s predisposition to a variety of medical conditions such as Alzheimer’s, blood-clotting disorders, breast cancer, cystic fibrosis, diabetes, Marfan syndrome, and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Fragile x test results

HI.
I am 22 weeks pregnant with a baby girl. I had Amnio test, everything was Normal, except that Fragile x repeat was 55.

Five years ago I had the test during my pregnancy with my son, my repearts was 55, my son got the perfect x.
My repeats never changed since then, still 55.

I am so worried if the baby girl will have any problems. I know I have 55 repeats like her, I don't have any problems, I am just sooooo worried.
Any idea please?
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
419309 tn?1326506891
It is highly unlikely that your baby girl will have any problems due to fragile x.  As you pointed out, you have 55 repeats and you have no problems :).  She'll probably be a lot like you!

The fragile x gene has been recorded to expand in offspring when it is greater than 59 repeats in the parent -- there are NO cases of mothers who have 55 repeats causing their children to have fragile x syndrome.  As a rule, fragile x of greater than 200 repeats is what causes fragile x syndrome (and even then, it usually affects boys more so than girls).  I truly believe you do NOT have to worry about fragile x affecting your baby girl.  

Enjoy your pregnancy, and best wishes to you!
Congratulations on your coming family :).
~eureka
Blank
161427 tn?1229914882
Thank you sooo much, that was a big help
Blank
I would ask the parents on RETTNET their advice these people know everything about fragile x syndrome. It's a world wide group that share what they know. Let me know what happens:) Good luck!
Christne
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Genetics Community Resources