Genetics Community
Head Size?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to a person’s predisposition to a variety of medical conditions such as Alzheimer’s, blood-clotting disorders, breast cancer, cystic fibrosis, diabetes, Marfan syndrome, and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome.

Head Size?

Im a male 5' 8 and my head is kind of small. Sometimes it really bothers me. Both my parents and all my siblings have normal sized. Is it gonna grow more? Please and Thank You.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? Are there other symptoms present? Microcephaly or small head  is a neurodevelopmental disorder in which the circumference of the head is more than two standard deviations smaller than average for the person's age and sex.  It  can also be associated with other conditions like diabetes, radiation exposure and infection. However,  it is best that you have this checked by your doctor for proper evaluation and diagnosis. Take care and do keep us posted.