Genetics Community
Hearing loss !
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to a person’s predisposition to a variety of medical conditions such as Alzheimer’s, blood-clotting disorders, breast cancer, cystic fibrosis, diabetes, Marfan syndrome, and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Hearing loss !

Hello Dr.Jordanna ,
I am a Medical Student ... My name is Joe ...
I would really appreciate it if you answer my question ...
I am falling in love with a deaf girl who has a cochlear implant and is hearing well ...
I am having concerns about our kids ...
Her Grand Grandfather had the same condition ... Her Mom and Dad are cousins and are both hearing .... She has one hearing sister and one other sister who has the same condition ...
For me , I don't have any history of hearing loss through the four generations in my family at all ...
I need your opinion , as quickly as possible ...
Thanks in Advance ,
Joe

This discussion is related to duplication of7q21.13 {large 1.68 -1.73mb} and deletion of 6p25.1 {large 208.45 - 240.91kb}.