Genetics Community
Hypercholesterolemia why is it so dangerous
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to a person’s predisposition to a variety of medical conditions such as Alzheimer’s, blood-clotting disorders, breast cancer, cystic fibrosis, diabetes, Marfan syndrome, and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Hypercholesterolemia why is it so dangerous

hi i am 29 years old from th uk i was diagnoised with Hypercholesterolemia nearly a year ago i was put on simvastatin afer trying loads of other statins but still they can't get my cholestrol down which is 8.2 i still dont really understand why this is so dangerous so if any one can explain please do
Tags: dangerous
Related Discussions
hi
the problem with hypercholesterolemia, is that all of the free-floating cholesterol in your system can accumulate and cause problems. One of the major problems is that of heart disease; the cholesterol can build up in the arteries of the heart (and other places) which will cause the arteries to lose their elasticity so they can no longer constrict/dilate to accomodate your needs. The cholesterol in these arteries starts to build up as plaque and can eventually completely block the artery, causing a heart attack. Signs and symptoms of this blockage occur only late into the disease, so once you have symptoms your arteries have already been significantly blocked.
i hope that this answers some things for you!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Genetics Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...