Genetics Community
Is it possible to have these birthmarks like this

This patient support community is for discussions relating to a person’s predisposition to a variety of medical conditions such as Alzheimer’s, blood-clotting disorders, breast cancer, cystic fibrosis, diabetes, Marfan syndrome, and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome.

I find it odd that I can find nothing on the web about white birthmarks. So the closest thing I can find to my own birthmarks would be vitiligo...the vitiligo has cafe au late spots inside of them...so it looks a bit like swiss cheese (lol) I'm white and the white spots are very noticeable. Along with the darker spots. They are located on my legs. They spiral down and around my leg. I have a large white patch on my stomach also.

My grandmother has the birthmarks, she has had 6 children, 17 grandchildren and 10 great grandchildren...I just find it odd that me and my first child are the only ones who have these birthmarks. What are the chances? They are almost identical to mine. Why can I not find this type of birthmark on the web anywhere?
Tags: birthmark, white, white birthmark, vitiligo, cafe au late
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? This could be a hypopigmentation condition of the skin and may indeed be due to genetic issue. I recommend that you ( and if possible also your first child) see a skin specialist for proper evaluation. Direct clinical examination of the white spots is important. Take care and best regards.