Genetics Community
MS???
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to a person’s predisposition to a variety of medical conditions such as Alzheimer’s, blood-clotting disorders, breast cancer, cystic fibrosis, diabetes, Marfan syndrome, and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank

MS???

Hi, My doctor is testing me for ms and other and other autoimune diseases some of the test are,
ANA, ESR, RPR,RF, HLA, B27,and ACE. Do you know what these test are for?
Related Discussions

If you have a postiive ANA result, you could have an autoimmune disease. The test does not tell you which autoimmune disease you might have. In addition, 25% of CFS patients' and 29% of fibromyalgia patients' have a positive ANA titer as well.

ESR (AKA: sed rate) checks for inflamation (inflammation) in your body

RPR - checks for syphillis (syphilis). However, if you have lupus and a number of other health conditions, you can get a false positive lab result. Physicians' sometimes order this test not to check for syphillis (syphilis), but to help rule out other conditions.

RF - Is order to help diagnose rheumatoid arthritis and Sjogren's Syndrome. I read recently that 18% of fibromyalgia patient's also have a positive RF.

HLA B27 - This test is ordered sometimes when a physician believes you may have an inflammatory autoimmune disease.

ACE - This test is often ordered to help diagnose sarcoidosis and other health conditions.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Genetics Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...