MTHFR C677T and A1298C mutations
My daugther has a blood clotting disorder. MTHFR C677T and the A1298C. She had a blood test after she gave bith to stillborn in 2008 and a miscarriage in 2009. She has had 2 babies born 2002 & 2007 with no problems before the stillbith and miscarriage. She is now expecting again and must give herself daily shots of a blood thinner medications. I'm 57 yrs. old and I have given birth to three babies without any problems and no misscarriages. I'm on a hormone replacment patch. I don't smoke, my weight is great,  blood pressure is perfect, I don't have any health problems at all. Should I be tested for this blood clotting disorder?
I personally would. I am compound heterozygous for MTHFR. I have one copy of C677T and A1298C. My mother got herself tested for MTHFR and she has the same mutation. After finding this her dr has put her on a baby aspirin a day to prevent any clots in her heart.

Best Wishes
Thanks for the info. :-)