Genetics Community
MTHRF, A1289C heterozygous; VWF; TSH
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to a person’s predisposition to a variety of medical conditions such as Alzheimer’s, blood-clotting disorders, breast cancer, cystic fibrosis, diabetes, Marfan syndrome, and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

MTHRF, A1289C heterozygous; VWF; TSH

I just tested positive for this, and have the other abnormal results:  TSH 59.74,  T4 Free low (0.7); ALT 49; Creatinine 1.02; VWF RISTOCETIN CO-FACTOR of 244 and a CGA:vWf of 209.  I'm 61, do not smoke or drink alcohol.  What does all this mean in combination?  Is a family physician (internal medicine) usually a sufficient treatment provider for this, or should I see an endocrinologist or genetic counselor? I have no children. My mother had Hodgkins disease diagnosed when she was five months pregnant with me and died 5 years later, so I don't know much about her medical history.  I'm 3 years s/p gastric bypass and take Opti-Source multivitamins.  

Thanks.

This discussion is related to a1298c mutation.
See http://mthfr.net/ for lots of information and finding a doc to treat MTHFR. Blessings!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Genetics Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank