Genetics Community
Meckel-Gruber Syndrome
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to a person’s predisposition to a variety of medical conditions such as Alzheimer’s, blood-clotting disorders, breast cancer, cystic fibrosis, diabetes, Marfan syndrome, and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Meckel-Gruber Syndrome

5466234?1268518957
I have seen a few websites where parents post their stories on MKS but it seams that a few of them got childrens that survived MKS... they say that their child is now 18 yrs old and so on, even a girl back home is saying that she lost her last child due to MKS and therefore got her 2 yrs old girl tested and she has it.. This is not what I have been told about MKS.  Could it be a similar thing and they got miss informed?  We got our testing done at the IWK in halifax and they seam to know what they are talking about, I dont think they would have given a false diagnostic to that girl.  Where could I find information that is easy to understand?  Is there a way you can select the 2 right genes by getting pregnant by invitro or something?