Genetics Community
Neurofibromatosis
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to a person’s predisposition to a variety of medical conditions such as Alzheimer’s, blood-clotting disorders, breast cancer, cystic fibrosis, diabetes, Marfan syndrome, and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Neurofibromatosis

Okayy guys, so I have this genetic disorder called neurofibromatosis, and because of it I have these purple depressions all over my body. These normally do not bother me, but recently some of them have got much darker in colour, and hurt to the touch. Any idea what this could be?
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Hi,
How are you? Neurofibromatosis is a genetic disorder of the nervous system affecting  how the nerve cells form and grow. It can be classified into neurofibromatosis type 1 (NF1 or  von Recklinghaus disease) and neurofibromatosis type 2 (NF2). In your case, you may having   “café-au-lait” spots or  light brown spots on the skin  which is associated with NF1. It is best that you check with your doctor for proper evaluation. Take care and do keep us posted.
Blank
Hello,

I was diagnosed with NF1 by one of those purple depressions under my breast. I only have the one. From my research the darker ones vould be neurofibromas as well...if they hurt I think you should visit your doctor.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Genetics Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...