Genetics Community
Real Life "Twins" (like the movie) Is it possible?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to a person’s predisposition to a variety of medical conditions such as Alzheimer’s, blood-clotting disorders, breast cancer, cystic fibrosis, diabetes, Marfan syndrome, and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome.

I am a 39-year old male with a younger 36-year old brother.  Let me start off by saying how much I admire him and all his accomplishments.  I brag about him every chance I get so please do not confuse this post with a jealously issue.  Growing up, and now we were and are complete opposites.  He has always been brave; I have always avoided confrontation and was frankly afraid to fight.  He has always been a gifted athlete; I have been the guy sitting on the bench waiting for coach to put me in.  Then performed pretty lousy once coach did put me in.

He is good looking, always had and continues to attract the beauties; whereas I have not been so lucky.  A bit taller than me, perfect teeth, eyesight etc whereas I have crooked teeth am fat and had to get corrective eye surgery to finally ditch my glasses.

He is well off financially and is a Major in the armed forces.  I am constantly wondering if I will have enough money for groceries.

I do believe that our experiences play a role in how we turn out, but there is no arguing that my younger brother is superior to me (again I am not complaining) in so many ways.  Genetically speaking why do some brothers end up the Danny DeVito’s and some the Arnold Schwarzenegger’s?

Signed,

Maybe in the next life