Genetics Community
Second cousins and marriage
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to a person’s predisposition to a variety of medical conditions such as Alzheimer’s, blood-clotting disorders, breast cancer, cystic fibrosis, diabetes, Marfan syndrome, and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Second cousins and marriage

If one's parent's are second cousins themselves and that one wants to marry his second cousin is there any possiblility that his children might not turn out normal or might suffer from any problems.  Here is the relationship.  

What if for example:

My mother and my father:  My mother's father and my dad's mother (their father's were brothers)

Now the girl I want to marry:  her father and my father are cousins from my father's side. My grandfather and her grandmother are real brother and sister.

This isn't my story but someone else's who doesn't really speak English but I would like to find out for this person if possible.