Genetics Community
Zonegran and pregnancy
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to a person’s predisposition to a variety of medical conditions such as Alzheimer’s, blood-clotting disorders, breast cancer, cystic fibrosis, diabetes, Marfan syndrome, and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Zonegran and pregnancy

Just found out I am pregnant I was prescribed Zonegran before I knew I was pregnant and I took 9 pills. I am being sent to a genetics counselor soon but I just can't wait. Can you tell me any information about what my chances are of something being wrong with my baby. I could have been anywhere from a 4-8 weeks while on it.
Hi,
How are you? Zonegran belongs to  "Pregnancy Category C" or no adequate human or animal studies; or adverse fetal effects in animal studies, but no available human data by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). The use of Zonegran by pregnant women has not been actually been fully studied. With the intake of such medications  the  risks and benefits are always considered. The chances that your baby will be affected therefore depends on a lot of factors. A regular prenatal consult is highly recommended. Take care and do keep us posted.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Genetics Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...