as a carrier of translocation will my baby be downs
i am 29 and was told during my first pregnancy at 18 that i carry the extra 21 gene known to cause down's syndrome and my chances were 1 in 10 ,however in both my pregnacies nothing happened and i had two healthy girls.I now wish to try for another baby and was wondering if my chances of my newborn being down's syndrome would have increased.we traced the translocation back 5 generations with no one in the family having down's we just all carry the gene.please help thanks
You have a translocation most likely. your chances of having a baby with DS are 1:10 as they said but it looks like everyone in your family has been lucky so far. My son has DS and EHK a rare skin disorder he inherited from me. it's standard DS and he was born when I was 21.

your baby most likely WONT have DS but there's that chance with each pregnancy just as I have that chance.
i also am a carrier just like you between 14 and 21 i have 3 kids with downsyndrome,you just dont know ,i was 21 when had my 1st.i have a chance 2 have normal or carrier but its like playing russion roulette