Aa
A
A
Close
1286387 tn?1385068846
as a carrier of translocation will my baby be downs
i am 29 and was told during my first pregnancy at 18 that i carry the extra 21 gene known to cause down's syndrome and my chances were 1 in 10 ,however in both my pregnacies nothing happened and i had two healthy girls.I now wish to try for another baby and was wondering if my chances of my newborn being down's syndrome would have increased.we traced the translocation back 5 generations with no one in the family having down's we just all carry the gene.please help thanks
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
363110 tn?1340924019
You have a translocation most likely. your chances of having a baby with DS are 1:10 as they said but it looks like everyone in your family has been lucky so far. My son has DS and EHK a rare skin disorder he inherited from me. it's standard DS and he was born when I was 21.

your baby most likely WONT have DS but there's that chance with each pregnancy just as I have that chance.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
3151101 tn?1343320608
i also am a carrier just like you between 14 and 21 i have 3 kids with downsyndrome,you just dont know ,i was 21 when had my 1st.i have a chance 2 have normal or carrier but its like playing russion roulette
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Genetics Community Resources