Genetics Community
babys head is measuring smaller than normal...is this bad?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to a person’s predisposition to a variety of medical conditions such as Alzheimer’s, blood-clotting disorders, breast cancer, cystic fibrosis, diabetes, Marfan syndrome, and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

babys head is measuring smaller than normal...is this bad?

i had an ultrasound at 19 weeks 3 days....the ultrasound technician told me my baby had an oval shaped head and that her head measures smaller than normal....does this mean my baby has down syndrome or some other form of retardation....what does this mean? do i need to be worried?
Related Discussions
I know this is easier said than done, but pls DO NOT stress yourself out over this without getting more tests done.  
The same exact thing happened to a friend. she was sent to a high risk pregnancy dr and was stressed tremendously until she got the repeat test and when they did the sono again, the dr looked at her and said "why are you here?"

He said that the people doing the sonograms make a lot of mistakes, but I would discuss it with your OB/GYN and see about getting a sono repeated at a different place.
take care
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Genetics Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank