Genetics Community
chromosome10p 14-15.1

This patient support community is for discussions relating to a person’s predisposition to a variety of medical conditions such as Alzheimer’s, blood-clotting disorders, breast cancer, cystic fibrosis, diabetes, Marfan syndrome, and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome.

chromosome10p 14-15.1

My son has chromosome 10p14-15.1 deletion.  He will be three in May.
He has mod./severe hearing loss in both ears.
He has one functioning kidney - the other multicystic
Has had successful heart surgery for ASD, VSD and MPS.
Successful surgery for bilateral inguinal hernias.
Will not chew food or toys!!
Is not walking independantly - but is close.
Screams with pain (gut I think) for about 4hrs and arches back about 1 week. Is alot better as he gets older.
Loves barney and Seseme street.  Throws great tantrums when they're turned off.
Loves other kids and me ...a little too much.
Is generally happy now...definitely not in the earlier years.

Does any one have an older child with this condition?

This discussion is related to Chromosome 10p 14,15.
Tags: 14, 15, hearing, kidney, 10p14-15.1
I have 4 years old son who has been diagnosed with chromosome deletion 10 p 14-15.1 just 5 months ago. He was able to sit at 10 months, crawled at 12 months and walked at 18 months. He was born with ptosis. At the age of 3 they found he has mild hearing loss, and recently found out he has one kidney smaller than the other. Mentally he is around 20 months old. His blood calcium levels are a bit low so he is getting calcium as well. Does somebody has child with that diagnosis?
My son is almost 5.  I just found out that he has a chromosome 10 deletion but not for sure the location.  It has been a long road of trying to find out what is going on with my little guy.  I have many questions.  For now I will say that he is delayed in speech (quite a bit), cognitive (about age 2 and a half), and physically his body is rigid and limbs are loose.  He was born with a hole in his heart and a thickening valve.  Nothing but follow ups with that.  Much more to learn and share as I learn more myself.  Would love to hear from you.