genetic testing
I am considering having a genetic profile test which includes the most possible conditions . I saw several such services on the internet but they don't seem to have specific tests I would like included,  such as OPMD and Wilson Disease.
Is anyone familiar enough with this field to recommend a specific service?
Thank you in advance,
Loryn.
Hi Loryn,
How are you?Genetics tests utiizes human DNA, RNA, chromosomes, or  proteins to detect alterations related to a heritable disorder. However,  most of the tests being marketed directly to consumers are for common gene variations that have been linked to major illnesses. These can indicate that an individual is more susceptible than most people, but it cannot predict with certainty that the disease will develop. Results, according to studies, are often  inconclusive and more evidence should be provided by the companies who sell them.  This link may you decide which to avoid. : http://www.quackwatch.org/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/Tests/genomics.html
It is best that you check with your attending physician first and have a referral to a local hospital that conducts genetic profiling for more accurate results. Take care and best regards.