myopia is hereditary?
Dear doctor,
                 I was diagnosed with the myopia when i was 10 yrs old. Now i got -7 on my left eye and -6.5 on my right. Is the myopia genetic? Pls help me on this..thank you..
Myopia is a much debate issue about genetics or environmental origins of the conditions. The most impossible model is both genetic factor and environmental factor play part in developing myopia.
But the next concern is "Do you have any other abnormalities beyond myopia?" Some genetic diseases and syndromes have myopia as a characteristic feature, such as Marfan Syndrome, a rare genetic diseases which patients are usually tall, thin, curved spined, sever myopia and can develop heart problem. So first, you should visit doctor and ask him are you likely to have any specific diseases or not? If the answer is no, you just think that myopia is complex, gentic and environment factors.
Is that help?
Dr Prasit
http://clinicalgenetics.blogspot.com
Hello Doctor,

Myself is myopic from my child age , and now my eye power is -8 D in both eyes. My wife is also myopic with -6D, Is our child will be also myopic ?

Regards
Prince_of_Kolkata
I was diagnosed with myopia when i was 15, i had i got -8 on my left eye and -6.5 on my right. I was referred to a spell caster on ***@****, without any charge, he cured me. Now i am as good as new, i dont need no lenses anymore. I just thought y'all should check him out.
hello can you give me any information into centronuclear myopathy,and ohpthalmolplegia,and also goldberg and shprintzen syndrome with learning difficulties.i very much doubt it but just thought i would ask anyway.