Genetics Community
possible turners syndrome?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to a person’s predisposition to a variety of medical conditions such as Alzheimer’s, blood-clotting disorders, breast cancer, cystic fibrosis, diabetes, Marfan syndrome, and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

possible turners syndrome?

My daughter has been suffering a lot of ill health recently a lot to do with her water works she has been incontient in the day time for many years and now has blood in her urine , she is 9 years old ten in may she was born very small term 5lb all my others were over 7lbs apparently her plancenta had decreased , she has always been smallish for her age she is now 133cm tall and 25kg weight , she has had lot of dental problems removel (removal) of several baby teeth due to abcesses although good dental brushing she has a high arched palate severe overcrowding and a overbite of 10mm, she has clindocity of her fifth finger mine are slightly but her curve in them is greater , she has a very hairy back , her hair goes quiet far down her neck no webbing tho, seems like she has poor hearing very dark brown ear wax had tonsilectomy and andenoids out at age three due to recurrent infections and size, she is very hyper active when she is feeling well does this sound anything gentic should i ask pead for a karotype when we have our appointment? (pregancy was normal no smoking or drinking she was small and had regular scans early into pregnancy up to 32 weeks was born term ) two siblings both boys following the 75th percentile no family history apart from paternal grandfather died 35years of ichemic heart disease and dads new partner has suffered 3 miscariges all girls one at 6 weeks , one at 13 weeks and other 22 weeks gestation  i dont no if that is any way related but thought would include all info known.  any info would be much help many thanks
1711789_tn?1361311607
Hi there!

Well, without a detailed clinical evaluation it would be difficult to comment specifically on the situation. The mentioned features could be normal or could represent a syndromic association. It would be best to discuss this with her pediatrician at her next visit and if the pediatrician feels that a karyotyping is suggested, it can be done to rule out genetic associations.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Genetics Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949