Genetics Community
prenatal screen

This patient support community is for discussions relating to a person’s predisposition to a variety of medical conditions such as Alzheimer’s, blood-clotting disorders, breast cancer, cystic fibrosis, diabetes, Marfan syndrome, and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome.

prenatal screen

I am 8 weeks pregnant. Yay!   I am 37 years old, the world thinks I am 42 years old, ie medical records, ( very long story ).
When having the integrated serum testing done they will adjust for age.  Because I am younger how do I adjust the results for my correct age so that results are interpreted correctly?  I have attempted to find the "formula or math" they use with no success.  
Hello HdWizard!

I completely understand why you are asking, and it's okay.  If you are looking for the odds for Chromosomal Abnormalities, I can direct you to a site that has odds for the more popularly tested abnormalities like Down syndrome (Trisomy 21), Trisomy 18 and Trisomy 13.  If you search through that site, you may find a formula - I am not sure if it's in there, but that site I am referring you to is extremely comprehensive.
http://www.centrus.com.br/DiplomaFMF/SeriesFMF/11-14weeks/chapter-01/chapter-01-final.htm
I think if you are interested in the "actual" formula you will need to speak to a Genetics Counsellor or even the Genetics Doctor, who in fact I believe themselves do not utilize the formula unless there are additional risks outside the maternal age risk.  As I have found out so far, many use a specific computer analysis program for risk assessment, and that may be why you are unable to find the particular formula for the testing.

If there is anything you are wondering about, I can try and help you to find it or maybe I might have the reference you are looking for.
Please do not hesitate to ask or send me a private message.

Good luck, and if you have any other questions that I can help you with, please feel free to message me directly.

Sincerely,
Sandi (Dragon1973)
MedHelp Genetics Community Leader;
Children - Special Needs Community Leader;
Down syndrome Community Leader & Ds Group Forum Founder/Moderator