skelatel dysplasia
hi does anyone have any experience with skelatel dysplasia? im currently 22 weeks pregnant and was told last week my babys leg and arm bones are measuring 2 - 3 weeks behind but everyfing else looks ok has anyone ever known of ppl within the same situation or where I can get info from??
Skeletal dysplasias, a complex group of bone and cartilage disorders that may affect the fetal skeleton as it develops in utero, are not common.  The cause may be due to genetics,  result of spontaneous mutations, or secondary to exposure to a toxic substance or infectious agent that results in the disruption of normal skeletal development. If a skeletal dysplasia is suspected, a referral to a facility that specializes in diagnosing, treating and caring for babies with congenital anomalies is done. Prenatal evaluation of skeletal dysplasias includes a detailed ultrasound of the fetal skeleton in the second or third trimester of gestation, and an extensive genetic family history work up. Outlook for patients with skeletal dysplasias varies greatly depending on the type of dysplasia, as well as associated abnormalities. A referral from your doctor to a Children's hospital with such facilities may help. Take care and do keep us posted.