Gout Community
Dissolving Gout Crystals

Gout is a common and painful form of arthritis that causes swollen, red, hot and stiff joints when uric acid builds up in the blood. Discuss topics including symptoms and medical or alternative treatments for gout.

Dissolving Gout Crystals

I am 30 yrs old male,suffering from problem of gout in back and hips from last 18 months,In starting my UA level was tested 7.8. Then i took zyloric(allopurinol)for 3 months,2 tablets a day and a homeopathic medicine with it.Then my UA level start decresing every time i went for a test.wen i stopped zyloric after 3 months my UA was 4.3and no smell and acid was in urine.But no relief in pain was found.

Then I started cherry extract, 3capsules a day,i got some relief in my hips and back pain after 5-6 days, but jst only for 10 days.After 10 days the pain in hips and back started again and there is too much pain now....can it be possible that the crystals start dissolving now? my urine is little yellow coloured with little smell and acid from the day the pain come back again. is this the sign of dissloving the crystals??

does my UA level shud increase in blood or it shud be lower down from previous test,to confirm that UA crystals start dissolving now.
Plz reply.
Hi there!

There are several factors that affect the dissolution of UA crystals, while the time taken for urate crystals to dissolve ranges between 3 months to 3 years. Management is largely aimed at lowering the UA levels in blood and its maintenance. The UA levels would need to be within the normal range towards the lower side, while neither increase or decrease in the levels specifically indicate dissolution.
Hope this information is helpful.

Take care!
Thanks for replying doctor.
Cherry extract are considered as most useful for lowering the uric acid level in gout arthritis. So if the pain reduced than why after 10 days it again came back?
What are the new remedies she should use?