Gout
Last Dec. I had a UT infection and was dehydrated and bad case of gas all at once.  I went to the ER and was tested and given medication.  The next day I woke up with gout.  When I went to my PC doctor she said the gout might have been triggered by the medicine they have me (which I ended up being allergic to) and she changed my medicine.  Did not have another flare up until I had another UT infection and trauma to my bunion and foot while I was in a cast.

Now I was told gout is caused by too much u. acid in system - but mine only occurs when there is trauma going on somewhere in my body.  Could this really be the cause?  I have the list of foods that you are supposed to stay away from so I rarely, if ever eat them.  That's why I'm wondering if something else triggers the gout.  Any comment?
Hi there!

Yes, Gout is caused by a primary hyperuricemia which can be triggered by a number of factors like stress (infections/ trauma), diet, medications/ drugs, diabetes, hypertension, renal disease, blood disorders etc.
Hope this information helps.

Tale care!