Is black cherry juice helpful?
My mother have severe swelling and pain in the primary toe of her left foot and in the ankle joint of her right foot. I am presently giving her  50 mg of Indocin twice daily and she have been drinking concentrated black cherry juice that is diluted with water.

My question is: Drinking concentrated black cherry juice will be helpful in gout treatment?

Any suggestion will be grateful.

_________________
Gout Medicine
Hi there!

Well, there have been a few studies suggesting the black cherry juice may help in decreasing the serum uric acid levels and may be helpful for gout; however these are yet to be proved substantially.
Hope this information helps.

Take care!
My husband has Gout and that's the first thing we go out and purchase when it flares ups.  Usually we get frozen black cherries along with the natural 100% black cherry juice (usually found in the health food aisle) and make concentrated smoothies in the blender.  It isn't an instant cure but he usually starts feeling better the next day.  I've also heard the same thing about strawberries but those haven't worked as well for us.