Gout Community
Possible Gout? And Most likely Athelete's foot.

Gout is a common and painful form of arthritis that causes swollen, red, hot and stiff joints when uric acid builds up in the blood. Discuss topics including symptoms and medical or alternative treatments for gout.

Hi. Last night my big toe has started to hurt incredibly bad. I can't bend it and keeping my foot in the air has causes it to give me immense pain. I know I've been not drinking water (dehydrated) and eating once a day for the past week and I'm afraid it might be gout considering the pain is mostly centralized in the joint that connects the toe to my foot. Also, I'm afraid I've come down with a serious case of athlete's foot and since I had to work and my job has me up on my feet for 6 hours, I was favoring the foot because it hurt to walk (I have a problem that I peel my feet and I peeled way too far and caused some gashes) so I kept the front part elevated as much as I could. So my question is: Do I have gout or do you think I might have pulled the muscle in my big toe?
Also, my toe will not touch the ground. Placing my foot flat on the ground leaves my big toe pointing up. I have to push it down but it shoots back up.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? Acute gouty attack usually presents with sudden pain involving the  big toe, knee, or ankle joints, the joint appears warm and red. It is usually very tender, and even fever. This can be managed with pain and anti-inflammatory medications.  For proper diagnosis, it is best that you have this checked by your doctor for proper evaluation. Diagnostic tests that may be done include synovial fluid analysis, joint x-rays  and uric acid determination in the blood or urine. Take care and do keep us posted.