Gout Community
good pain meds for gout??
About This Community:

Gout is a common and painful form of arthritis that causes swollen, red, hot and stiff joints when uric acid builds up in the blood. Discuss topics including symptoms and medical or alternative treatments for gout.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

good pain meds for gout??

I have had gouty arthritis for 6 years & have had 4 surgeries to correct stress fractures caused by extreme swelling during gout attacks. Even though I take allopurinal, indocin, etc I still have attacks at the minimum 2 times every 2 months or more. can anyone tell me which pain meds seems to have a greater effect on pain while going thru attacks? I am also given 90 norco 10s. 3 a day and it seems that after my last flare up the norco seems 2 not be ast effictive 4 pain. My doctor is sending me to pain mgmt . Amd an arthritis dr. I have never taken anything stronger than the norco 10s and want to know what pain mgmt may prescribe. No oxycontions or anything major strong but something 2 knock out the pain! Never been to pain mgmt and not sure what they normally do? Chris
1711789_tn?1361311607
Hey Chris!

Pin management may prescribe stronger medication to control the pain, while this would just mask the symptoms without having any effect on the primary process. Along with pain management it is also important to control the disease process by diet modification and specific medications. I would suggest consulting an internist or a rheumatologist for suggestion of an appropriate management plan along with pain management.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Gout Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979