515?1258455454
Grandparenting Advice Support and Fun Tips User Group
having grandkids
About This Group:

Hi everyone I thought it may be nice to have a special forum for us grandparents, or grandparents to be. My little grandson son is 6 days old. His mommy just turned 17 and his daddy is my son who is off in the Army. Lets brag, talk, offer support, concerns on grandparents rights.For those who have older grandchildren you can help with wisom when we run into snags...like my Holly Chases mom she was out cleaning and painting rental homes with her father just 4 days after giving birth...I HAD to tell her gently I thought she should be resting and it was too soon for such activty.She didnt listen so I had to let it go...17 and a mom she had about 15 minutes of labor and the baby sleeps 4 hrs at a stretch.shes a lucky young woman, and so am I to have her and my beautiful grandson...Love at first sight indeed. so chime in ask questions or just brag away...this forum is wide open..with just a few stipulations...we will be respectful and support each !

Founded by Cherie762 on November 17, 2009
9 members

having grandkids

when my daughter Autymn told me she was going to have a baby, (well she had her mom tell me she was scared) me and her mom were going through a divorce and I was pretty sick with kidney failure. I was only 43, she was 17 and just beginning her enior year of high school. I was really thrown for a loop, with all the personal turmoil that was going on , and now my little girl going to be a mommy. we sat and talked and first thing I want to say is abortion as never an opition. so me and her mom told her we would support her and help her anyway we could. well she was due in april and by february she was so many problems drs. put er on complete bedrest. I know some of you will not like what is next but I was so sick I wasnt sure if i was going to live some days, her mom would not come and help and her yournger brother and sister did the best they could. so the young man who is the father of the baby, ( which they have been married now 5 years and 3 kids) I had him move in with us. He was a greatr help, he would take me to dialysis, helped with the house hold chores. The school system provided a tutor for my daughter, ( she raduatred with her class)..and my other 2 kids really jumped in and helped out.

I know not many of these stories like this turn out so good. But they can, and man it is great being this young and really getting to enjoy my grandkids..they go to church with me, I get to go on fieldtrips with them( never got to do that with my kids always was working) my dad got to do that. I wasnt sure how this grandpap thing would be at a young age...it is fabulaous, so listen any of you that are out there, and find yourselve ina similar circumstance, embrcae support your children, and when you have your grandchild love on them, spoil them, just enjoy them the way we really didn't get to our own kids. It is awsome when one of your grandkids comes to you to get grandfatherlly or motherly advice....man life at this age is getting to e a gas......grandkids to spoil and the best part of that is YOU GET TO SEND THEM HOME !!!!!!!!!!       God Bles all.....brian
michelleusam is ... doing ok i guess,how... Comment
07/13
michelleusam joined this group
Welcome them!
04/13
ChickDetective13 joined this group
Welcome them!
04/13