Grief & Loss Community
2 months since lost and doing really bad

This patient support community is for discussions relating to overcominggrief and loss.

On May 28th I delivered my son sleeping at 20 weeks. He weight 1 poud 4oz. At first I was ok, I stayed busy and went back to work right away. I found out on June 19th that I lost the baby due to a blood clot in the placenta. Every since that day everything went down hill. I thought that there was something wrong with me. I went to the hospital the next complaining of chest pains. I thouhg that I has a blood clot somewhere inside me and that I was going to die. Everything was fine. The following weekend I went to the doctor because I had some pressure in my head and they couldn't find anything. I have since accepted that this is all anxiety. Sometimes I feel that if I would have never found out what was wrong with the baby I wouldn't be going through this. at the same time I feel that this is apart of greeving. I have never really greeved for any one before. I feel like I am going to loose it. All I can think about is breathing. like i have to di it manually. I dont know if thats because my son was born not breathing or what. Has anyone ever taken antidepressants after a loss and were you able to stay off of them?
My very deepest condolences on the loss of you baby boy. I loss my mother, but I can't even begin to imagine the loss of a baby and my heart goes out to you.

It's the first time that you have experienced a loss and it is one of the most devistating experiences that a human can have. It changes you as a person.  What you are experiencing is anxiety or panic attacks and I recommend that you talk to your physicial about what you are feeling. He will be able to help the physical and I also recommend that you speak with a priest, rev., chaplan, counselor or anyone who will help you spiritually come to terms with what has happened and answer all your questions.  There are also wonderful websites (www.silentgrief.com), for women, as yourself who have experiend the loss of a child. As enter "grief support loss of child" on address and you will find many women who have experienced the loss through miscarrage (miscarriage), still born, etc.  

After a loss, it will be necessary to experience the stages of the grief process, which will take time, in order to begin to heal.

I will keep you, your family and the precious angel that is growing in heaven in my thoughts and prayers.
im so sorry for your loss ,.....you ask if anyone ever taking antidepressants after the loss of a child ,......in my case i lost my son to suicide i never took meds and i never went to se or talk to anyone about the loss of my son big mistake !!....as Judy says talk  to your priest or see counselor is right!!  i though i could do this on my own ,
by working 3 jobs and also looking after my 3 other children ,...i was just worn out but as i thought i needed to keep my mind busy ,
till the day 3 and a half years later i did start to grieve for my son! but still having no one to talk to ! !  i cried!! yes i cried !!! like i never cried  before,.....but just as i started to grieve for my son my daughter took her life my head was all over the place !!.....so my dear what im saying go and talk to someone!!  life trows things at us when we dont expect it i never thought i would be in the same place again with the death of my daughter ,....now im on meds!!  i have to see my shrink every 3 months !!!  and i go to talk to a therapist ,....having to go to all of these people is a lot to handle ,
and never be ashamed of been put on meds after all you are going through a great loss
the loss of your child ,....my love and thoughts are with you  please  talk care of yourself ,
{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}} bernie .