Grief & Loss Community
4 funerals and a wedding

This patient support community is for discussions relating to overcominggrief and loss.

4 funerals and a wedding

It definitely feels as if deaths come in groups. Over the last 6 months there have been four deaths. The one wedding that we had over the same time was great but overshadowed by the funerals. A couple of days ago a good friend had his mother pass away from cancer. She had managed to fight it a few times but wasn't able to this time. My heart broke when he told me they took her off all medications and took her home, and in two days she passed away.
I don't think I can take any more deaths for a while.
Firstly, here is a big hug (((())))). When I read your words, they so resonated with me as I too have lost many friends/co-workers and the ultimate being my only daughter who was 22yrs old (she fell from an 8 storey balcony while watching a festival). Do you have a living through loss society or attend any grief support groups yet? Personally, I needed several psychologists, psychiatrists, hypnotherapists and anyone that would listen to me - the more you can talk about it seems to diffuse some of the heavy grief. Just know that there are many of us out there walking in the same shoes and connecting with one another is really one of the best therapies I have found. Feel free to email me anytime if you would like to chat. Through one of my previous jobs, I did on-line grief support and am contemplating starting my own support group to deal with my current situation which is ovarian cancer. I believe my heavy grief and years of anxiety opened the door to this cancer - now I'm facing my own mortality which causes extreme mental anguish.
Thank you for your message. I am so sorry to hear about your daughter. Death is horrible but the death of a young person is the worst. Have strength to fight the cancer, you will win. I agree that talking helps. I also find that births help tremendously. I hope there is a new baby in the family soon.