Grief & Loss Community
7 yrs my nana has been gone

This patient support community is for discussions relating to overcominggrief and loss.

7 yrs my nana has been gone

Tonight I found this forum and I know it was Hods will, cause today marks 7 yrs that my nana has be gone. She died of brain cancer. She was given anywhere from 6 months to a yr to live. But only lived for two months after she was dxs.

No one could have ever asked for a more loving and caring grandmother. She never spoke a lot but was always there to listen. She seemed so quite and tried not to get in the way of how we lived our lives. But was a strong woman of God and I believe behind closed doors she was fully involved in our lives through prayer.

Toward the end of her life I just didn't think that it was true I was gonna lose her. So I didn't make as much effort to see her and spend time with like I should have. Still she waited until she got to see all of her family and say goodbye before passing away. The doctors were amazed she even remembered all of us. Even new additions like my boyfriend at the time. Who is now my husband she remembered.

I miss her still and think of her alot. I just pray I am making her proud and living life like she would have wanted me to. Her bible that was by her side when she was alive became mine two years after she passed. So, even after she went to be with The Lord, she was still a blessing to my life.

I miss you nana, and I thank God you didn't suffer. I love you and I am sorry for not spending more time with you. I thank you for leading me to The Lord even after you had passed away. I also thank you for teaching me to have the heart that I do. Here's a poem I wrote for you:

Nana I miss you more and more
So much it hurts to the core
So I pray every day
That I could have it my way
Have you by my side
So I would never cry
Be close to you every day
Nana this is what I pray
But you are in heavans gate
And so I must wait
Still I miss you and love you so
That you even made me flow
Still I cry a few tears
Thinking over all those years
Nana for granted I mistook you
And didn't even have a clue
So much I regret
Wish I could hit reset
Spend more time with you
Nana This is what I would do
Feeling your fingers through my hair
Seeing you in your favorite chair
Your Cornbread stuffing was the best
Your divined, better then the rest
Nana I miss you more and more
So much it hurts me to the core
So I pray everyday
That I could have it my way
Have you by my side
So I would never have to cry
Be close to you everyday
Nana this is what I pray
But your in heavens gate
And so I must wait
But nana don't you worry about me
For The Lord has set me free
Now your bible I hold dear
And know your always near
Nana you are in my heart
And we will never be apart
I am so sorry for your loss and pain, grandparents are so very special to us.  Always remember that what she has always wanted most for you is for you to live a happy life.  Live an honorable life so as she looks down on you she can smile and say that's my girl.  Your nana shines through in all you do, and I know you're making her proud.  She knows you love her and how much, so never doubt that.  I love your poem and doing things like this is very therapeutic for us as putting our emotions and thoughts down on paper is a form of release for us.  You're making your nana very proud and continue using all the wonderful things she taught you so that she continues to shine through in you.  Big hugs.
im so sorry for your loss..my nan is 79 yrs young..she raised me..she has 4 great grandchildren..she is the heart of my family...i say this because i dont know what i would do without her........but i know she would want me to be happy and move on..as would your nan too........,my nan not very good right now and it scares me.....
the love  you have for your nan is amazing..she would be so proud...x
Dear Lisa,
Don't be scared one thing my nana taught me is that God has a plan for all of us. When your nan finds her way home, it will be when it's her time. One thing I am grateful for is that my nana didn't suffer.

The other thing I have learned is they never really leave us. They live through us instead. I am remind of my nana every time I see a butterfly, or eat some cornbread dressing, or hear the song butterfly kisses. In fact so many things remind me of her. I believe this is to remind me that she is watching over me now.

Another way I am reminded if her is when I am told I have her heart by my mom. Or that I got more of her traits then most of my family. I do love her, and my nana and me were very close. My family lived with her til I was in third grade. And then we spent many summers at her house or apartment or where ever she was staying. She will always be with me.

Just as your nan will always be with you. I will be praying for her and you. Thanks for the kind words. May God be with ya,

Kimberly
Thank you so much for your kind words. I only pray that I am making her extra proud of me. I miss my nana and sometimes think over how much time I took her being her for granted. All she wanted was for me to spend the night at her house, and see her more often. I just didn't worry about it that much.

Even when she found out about the cancer. I was more worried about work and my new relationship that I was in. I didn't make time for her enough. This is my one regret and I pray that she forgives me. In my heart I trust that she does cause she was a very Godly woman.

So, now I try to live my life to make her proud. And to show her that I did learn from her. As I said in the above post many things make me think of her. Butterflies are the biggest thing. I have two tattoos of butterflies in honor of her. Nana you are always with me. So help me make you proud.
I am I total blown out tears right now... that was very beautiful and I am so sorry for your loss.

I'm very close to my grandmother.she raised me when my mom and dad couldn't. She seen me thruschool. An abusive relationship. the birth of my son. the loss of my mother and now thru this pregnancy... she has always been there when I needed her and they thought of he leaving this life kills me although I know death is apart of this journey.. we actually had a fight tonight over something stupid and both stormed off.. after reading this I cried ( still am) ran to her bed room and crawled into her bed as I did as a child.. I said sorry and I loved her.

Sorry this is so long but it touched me. Thank you for sharing this. I know how hard it was and trust me,  Nana is looking down upon you. And I
Am sure she is very proud of the woman you turned out to be.
I have a grandmother that is still phyiscally woth me. she was like a second mother. she always has been there for me. She had me every weekend when i was little. when i was 15 she took me in. around 18 we fought a bit. but she has always forgiven me. i love her and learned from my nana not to take that love for granted.

iI am glad I touched you. The best advice I can give is never take your grandma for granted. Spend as much time with her as possible. When ya disagree, try to always be the one to let things go. Life is to short to let little things get between you and the ones you love. If it feels like something bigger walk away and take time to think, then go try to talk it out. Nothing is worth losing the closeness you feel to your loved one over something that probably just needs to be rethought. I am praying for you. May God bless you and your family.

Kimberly
Kimberly,
It is God's Will, Synchronicity & Destiny that we meet again here in this part of the forum!
You ARE my Prayer Buddy and also my Spiritual lil' Sister for sure!
We're on the same Path.

And there's no accident that you are so close to your Grandma.
You are Blessed to have her as your Spirit Guide!
She's always around to guide you through life. It is truly profound!

I've Always known that my Paternal Grandma, was my Spirit Guide
and in many circumstances over the years, having enlisted her assistance,
helped me elevate my own Consciousness in order to achieve the goals
I have set, to fulfill my Divine Purpose.

Listen to your Inner voice and heed its Wisdom, for God gave us ALL the
Power of the Spirit, to fulfill our Divine Purpose, through our Faith and through the Help of all our Divine Spirit Helpers,Spirit Guides and of course our Angels!

Your Nana has Eternal & Unconditional Love for you.
No matter what! You are truly Blessed.

Love, Hugs and Blessings!
  Niko

Thanks Niko,

Your message is so awesome and so wonderful.

May god bless you,
Kimberly
thankyou so much...i adore my nan..she is quite something else..she is so special..truely...im her first grandchild..im 38 now and she has 7 grandchildren..and 5 great grandchildren..my daughter is the oldest and she is so close to her...my nan is amazing..getting all gooey now lol...but i do feel blessed to have my nan in my life xx